Aircraft Alloy Fabrication
PFI has experience in custom machining parts and fabricating aircraft parts using several alloys, including:
- Alloy 625 (Inconel®) is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy. The alloy resists a wide range of severely corrosive environments and is especially resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion. Used in aerospace and marine engineering. Alloy 625 is commonly used in plate, round bar, and sheet metal forms.
- Alloy X-750 (Inconel®) is a nickel-chromium alloy like alloy 600 but made precipitation-can be hardened by adding aluminum and titanium. It has good resistance to corrosion and oxidation along with high tensile and creep-rupture properties at temperatures of 1300°F (700°C). Used in tooling, and aircraft structures. Alloy X-750 (Inconel®) comes in wire, sheet metal, round bar, and other forms.
- L-605 is a nonmagnetic solid-solution strengthened cobalt-base alloy that has good oxidation-corrosion resistance as well as high strength at elevated temperatures. It has been used for nozzle diaphragm valves, rings, springs, etc. L-605 can be purchased in many forms including sheet metal, round, flat, square bar, and other forms.
- Stainless Steel Alloys: Stainless steels are steels that contain a minimum of 10% chromium and are more resistant to corrosion than normal steels. Stainless steels can vary in composition from a simple alloy of iron and chromium to complex alloys containing chromium, nickel, and various other elements in small quantities.
- Titanium: As a metal, titanium is well known for corrosion resistance and for its high strength-to-weight ratio.
- Aluminum Alloys: Aluminum and its alloys are today considered one of the most practical of metals for a variety of reasons. Its low cost, lightweight, and modern appearance are among the primary reasons for its widespread use.
Applications for PFI’s Aircraft Manufactured Components
Precision aircraft components can be used in any aircraft such as helicopters, commuter airlines, turboprop aircraft, and jets. Aircraft rely on high quality and precision-made components to operate safely and efficiently. Additionally, each of these aircraft typically requires a specially made or unique part that is not readily available for aircraft manufacturers.
PFI Advanced Equipment Manufacturing specializes in taking your complicated aircraft design and fabricating aircraft pieces into reality.