In our continuing process of increasing productivity, increasing accuracy and expanding our capabilities, we have added a Northwood 3 Axis TA510MT Iron Horse CNC Machining Center. Here are some of the general specifications/capabilities:
A 61” x 121” single Cast Aluminum Vacuum Matrix Plenum work table that will accommodate sheets up to the full 61” x 121” table size.
- 24” Z Axis Stroke.
- Chiller with Stand.
- C Axis – Used to program aggregates up to 360 degrees and give us the ability to use slotting saws, make miter cuts and side cuts.
- Horizontal Two Sided Aggregate with Saw and Collet Connections.
- Automatic Tool Changer “Dynamic” Travels with the Spindle – holds up to 12-HSK63F Tools including collet, tightening stand, torque wrench and 4” insert fly cutter for face milling spoil board/sacrificial.
- Tool Probe for Automatic Tool Height and Diameter Offset Setting.
- 30i Series – OiMD FANUC CNC control.
- Master Cam Postprocessor.
This new machine will give us a fourth axis indexer with the additional trunnion giving us the capability of marching pieces up to 9” in diameter and 72” long. In the flat we can rout sheet plastics up to 5” thick and foam up to 10” thick. This new router can also handle soft metals such as Brass and Aluminum up to 1” thick.